Thursday 30 January 2014

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



Gemma & Cat had booked the worst accommodation we had stayed in since our first few days in Delhi. The place was rank. It was in China town. And like almost all china towns. It was a hole. Once we had ditched our bags we headed to the monorail to check out the Petronas Towers which were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 - 2004. Today they are still the tallest twin buildings. I remember watching one of those really boring "how do they do that" shows. The bridge that links the two It is not attached to either structure. It is designed to slide in and out of the towers to prevent it from breaking.




































They were very impressive. The architecture was the only thing that impressed me about KL. Oh, and the street art by the river was also pretty cool.




Catherine had wanted to visit the city since her childhood. I found nothing to warrant this. We spent our last night with Gemma the only way we know how, beer, tequila, jager etc.



















Gemma's visit had come to an end. Ten fun packed days had whizzed by. Here are some of my favourite Gemma Quotes. All were completely innocently intended. Honest.

"Does anyone want a beer before I take all my clothes off?"

"I want to put my bottle in the bush"

"I need to sort my bum hole out"

The last one is in reference to her drunken tattoo. It is a sun on the back of her ankle which I described as a bum hole.

The following day, after our farewells I had started to research how to get the hell out of KL. Singapore was an option but we decided to stay in Malaysia & get a train to Penang. I took a walk to the old British colonial train station & after arriving ten minutes into the ticket offices one hour evening break, I decided to do a little sight seeing. 


I like the bus shelter's poster. Its like New KL & old KL.


The station was completed and operational in 1910. After the demolition of the other two stations. Kuala Lumpur Railway Station became the main railway station in Kuala Lumpur. A hotel, the Station Hotel (now the Heritage Station Hotel), occupies part of the station. There is now a newer station which has taken its place as the main station of KL.

Two days in KL. Zero Malaysian food. One night out. Two train tickets. I hoped that Penang would be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment